magenet

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

I wanted to share my personal project with you by showing you my replica of the Apple-1 computer, built around an ARM Cortex M4 microcontroller.

This project is a fully working emulator that replicates as close as possible the real hardware designed by Steve Wozniak. 
I am a retro computer fan and I discovered the Apple-1 very in late. I was watching the movie "Jobs" and when "Woz" showed his Apple-1 prototype to Jobs, I literally fell in love with it. I wanted one.

I discovered that it's impossible to find and buy one, so since I have written several emulators in the past, I decided to write one based on a ARM Cortex microcontroller. Of course the hardware is not the real one, but the software tries to replicate it as close as possible.

I know it's nothing compared to have a real one in my hands, but I wanted to see how far go with it. In this blog I will show you what I did, so stay tuned and enjoy!